“The greatest feminists have also been the greatest lovers. I’m thinking not only of May Wollstonecraft and her daughter Mary Shelley, but of Anais Nin, Edna St. Vincent Millay, and of course Sappho. You cannot divide creative juices from human juices. And as long as juicy women are equated with bad women, we will err on the side of being bad.” – Erica Jong
This week’s guest is August McLauglin, an award-winning, nationally recognized health and sexuality writer and host and creator of Girl Boner®.
In this episode we discuss:
- The connection between eating disorders, recovery, and sexuality
- #notastripper vs. #yesastripper
- What do you do if you don’t have support for Discovery?
- How to shift your mindset around sex and body image
CONNECT WITH AUGUST:
PODCAST: Girl Boner
BOOK TRAILER: https://youtu.be/vollX170qko
GIRL BONER, AN INTRO: https://youtu.be/V5mZu3-UMSY
BY THE WAY: If you love the Finding Our Hunger podcast, you have FIVE great ways to support us:
- Become a Patreon
- Leave an iTunes review
- Listen to the 1st 100 episodes by getting a Finding Our Hunger Podcast Album
- Start a FREE trial with audible.com
- Shop amazon.com (just click the link and buy whatever you want!)
Thank you for listening – we appreciate you SO much <3.
MENTIONED IN THE PODCAST:
LISTEN: Girl Boner Radio: Dillon Harper
WATCH: Barbie Girl Burlesque
Join the conversation at findingourhunger.com/bookclub..